Body Controls Engineer
As part of the Pony.ai Vehicle Engineering team, you will be responsible for specifying, interfacing and testing vehicle body controls including closures, lighting, HVAC / thermal and user interface systems. You will help develop novel passenger facing systems for driverless autonomous vehicles. You will work with OEM and component suppliers to achieve functional targets and provide the Pony controls team with a defined interface.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and document requirements for body controls (closures, lighting, HVAC/thermal and user interfaces) sensors, actuators and control interfaces.
- Develop and test interfaces to existing vehicle systems and prototype components.
- Develop test and validation procedures, test plans and performance monitoring diagnostics.
- Develop sub-system laboratory and vehicle test facilities for body controls validation.
- Support technical discussion with OEM and component suppliers and partners.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related disciplines.
- Experience with the design and application of body control control units, power distribution, sensors and actuators.
- Experience with automotive control system development, instrumentation and calibration tools.
- Experience with automotive embedded and real-time control systems including Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with Functional Safety hazard analysis, safety goals and integrity levels. Ability to develop functional and technical requirements given high level targets..
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD and Automotive Ethernet) and electrical architectures.
- Experience with occupant detection and passive safety systems.
- Experience with systems engineering processes and formal requirements management systems.